Bryan Park Neighborhood Association > Communication
- To contact the Bryan Park Neighborhood Association leadership, send an email to email@example.com. This email address is monitored by very few people
- To communicate with the entire connected neighborhood (359 people as of 4/2016) join our Google Group. Once you are a member you can send and receive emails to/from the entire community. emailing to the Google Group is not moderated, but there are rules (see below).
- To join the group, visit: https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/bryanpark and click on “Apply for Membership”
At the 2/25/2014 Bryan Park Neighborhood Association Meeting, the following language was approved for use of the BPNA Google Group (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Thank you for considering being part of the Bryan Park Neighborhood Association (BPNA) Google Group (Group). By joining this Group, you agree to follow the etiquette guidelines set by the BPNA Executive Committee. You need not be a member of the BPNA to use this Group, but must adhere to the guidelines in order to be a member in good standing. Since the Group serves the BPNA, postings to it should relate to the purpose of BPNA:
- To promote the general welfare of residents of the Bryan Park neighborhood
- To maintain and improve the dignity and integrity of the Bryan Park neighborhood.
- To preserve the residential quality of the Bryan Park neighborhood.
- To encourage homeowners, and owners of rental property and businesses to maintain and improve their real estate in the Bryan Park neighborhood.
- To promote orderly and compatible land use in the Bryan Park neighborhood.
- To work together concerning problems or issues of concerns common to the Association.
- To provide a voice for the members of the Association.
The BPNA recognizes that the articulation of common interests, strong communication links with residents, and the constant pursuit of broad-based participation in Association activities are critical to the success of the Association, and shall be fundamental considerations guiding Association action.
This Group is for the dissemination of information related to the Bryan Park Neighborhood Association in Bloomington Indiana and events relevant to the neighborhood.
By virtue of joining this group or posting to the discussions or using the listserv, you have agreed to follow these etiquette guidelines.
- Sign posts using your real name.
- Include a subject line germane to the message. State concisely and clearly the specific topic of the comments in the subject line. This allows members to respond more appropriately to your posting and makes it easier for members to search the archives by subject.
- Keep topics within forum purpose.
- Be Civil, this is a public forum with real people. Respect among citizens with differing views is our cornerstone.
- No obscene, libelous, harassing, racist, hateful, offensive or violent language or images.
- No personal attacks or threats against individuals or groups.
- Not for business use, no commercial postings or business marketing, endorsements, solicitations or promotional messages – you may post personal items, property or services
- No political endorsements or political campaign postings.
- If your comment is intended for an individual, please email that individual rather than posting to their entire group. Only send a message to the entire list when it contains information that benefits everyone.
- Send messages such as “thanks for the information” or “me, too” to individuals–not to the entire list. Do this by using your e-mail application’s forwarding option and typing in or cutting and pasting in the e-mail address of the individual to whom you want to respond.
Examples of permitted and non-permitted uses
- Permitted Uses
- homeowner looking for contractor references
- individuals (not realtors) seeking housing or homeowners offering houses to rent or for sale
- posting notices of neighborhood school events and school fundraisers
- expressing concerns about neighborhood & community issues
- announcing small items to give away or sell on a non-regular basis such as yard sales, bikes, furniture for sale or free
- posting services such as non-commercial mowing, snow removal, etc.
- Non-Permitted Uses
- advertising, marketing or promoting business services or products
- posts seeking clients or business opportunities, such as:
- realtors seeking clients or offering homes for sale or rent or seeking homes to sell or rent
- advertising of services for home maintenance
- web services
- political endorsements or campaign postings
Violation of rules
- The BPNA Executive Committee, after fair warning, reserves the right to suspend Google Group membership for anyone who violates one or more of these guidelines. The BPNA Executive Committee reserves the right to modify these guidelines.